Friday, December 31, 2010

The One with a Thunderstorm on New Year's Eve

HaPpY nEw YeAr'S eVe! (I promised myself I would never write words like that...BUT, I am running on ooooo, 2 hours of sleep so...eh)

Here I am, drinking chocolate peppermint coffee, surrounded by TONS of family, and watching an INCREDIBLE thunderstorm. It is literally AWE-inspiring. Almost makes me want to cry. In fact, this is twice now in 24 hours that I have felt like crying; not depressed or frustrated crying, but the deepest, soul-iest, longingly-est crying. I watch the new Narnia last night with the family and although the movie wasn't all too epic, it reminded me about how much I love the Dawn Treader book (even above the others in the series). I know others may disagree, but Dawn Treader is the most hopeful book in my literary repertoire. I do not even have the ability to put my feelings toward this book into words. AND, I will have a lengthy discussion with any of you at ANY point about this...but in the meantime, read the book...or reread it. Please. It makes me yearn to know God in a way I can't even express. And the way it describes heaven??? Oh my gosh! I just. I mean...it's, *sigh*. I am so glad the Spirit can interpret our sighs, because that's about all I can do to get this out of my soul.
With that being said, I hope you all encounter something that makes you cry today; a deep, soul-freeing, dance like a wild-woman cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment