Things aren't too different around here since whatever updates you heard last. Still working at The Bridge, still working on the coffee shop ministry, and a lot is coming together in that area. The owner of the mall, Natalie, loves The Bridge, and she wants us to run the shop in the mall! We haven't solidified things yet, but we're pretty sure it will happen. This won't be "my baby," though... Just a means to an end. A way to raise money for the "real" one in the church. But there will be official details later.
I don't know if all of you know this story, but I have a friend from home named Mary, who was a really good friend in high school. She got married in April 2009, and I really was hesitant to be in their wedding because their relationship was so unhealthy, and I didn't really expect the marriage to last. Anyway, I just talked to her yesterday, and she said her husband had left her about 3 weeks ago, and she signed divorce papers yesterday. She's only 22, but they had been dating since she was 15. She has a good job, though, and she says that while she's obviously very angry, hurt, and confused (he's the one who initiated the divorce with very little explanation; he had at least been having an emotional affair, if not more; he's been depressed, maybe PTSD from being in the army in Iraq...), she says it's also kind of a relief. And they never had any kids, so that's good. Anyway... So if you guys could just keep them in your prayers, that would be great. I believe this is ultimately the best thing for each of them, which I hate to say about a divorce that didn't involve any abuse... But God redeems it all. I'm just really hoping and praying that they actually search for Him during this terrible point in their lives. I don't think He was ever prevalent in their relationship.
So, yes. Almost time for staff meeting. Love and miss you all! Hope everything is going well!
Also...
Bethany, what is going on with your family now?
Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment